A man from Midland has been charged with drinking and driving after a single vehicle collision on Sunday night.
Around 7:30 pm, the OPP responded to the collision where a motorcycle lost control at the intersection of Vasey Road and Old Fort Road in Tay Township. Officers say the male driver had been consuming alcohol, so police arrested the 40-year-old.
He has been charged with:
- Adult Driving While Ability Impaired – motor vehicle (alcohol) contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Adult Drive with more than 80 mgs of Alcohol in 100 ml of Blood contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Drive While Under Suspension contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Failure to have Insurance contrary to the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
- Drive Motor Vehicle with No Plates contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- The male was issued an automatic 90 day drivers licence suspension and his vehicle was towed