Some highlights include 9 Ultimate Elvis Champions, 13 returning Collingwood Grand Champions, 48 Competitors, and over two dozen other Elvis Tribute Artists. These Artists and many others are coming together in Collingwood to honour the 2017 festival theme, “Celebrating Greatness”, A Salute to the Legendary Career and Life of the World’s Most Celebrated Musical Icon.
This year’s festival features 6 signature events that give first-timers and returning fans alike a chance to experience the world’s largest Elvis festival:
- Ultimate Beginnings, Friday, July 28th at 8:00 p.m.: A celebration of Elvis’ humble yet historic beginnings as we salute the “firsts” of an incredible career. Featuring Memphis Ultimates and Collingwood Champions.
- The Semi-Finals & Grand Champion Showcase, Saturday, July 29th at 11 a.m.: Watch the top 30 Semi-Finalists compete, plus enjoy a very special performance from six returning Grand Champions.
- Elvis: Celebrating Greatness, Saturday, July 29th at 8:00 p.m.: A look at the greatest moments of Elvis’ impressive history through the eyes of other incredible performers and memorable performances that changed music forever, featuring Memphis Ultimates and the 2016 Grand Champion.
July 28 – 30, 2017, Collingwood ON collingwoodelvisfestival.com
- Inspirational Elvis, Sunday, July 30th at 10:00 a.m.: An enlightening program of Gospel and Inspirational music performed by ten “Invitation Only” competitors saluting all Elvis’ spiritual favourites.
- The Grand Finals, Sunday, July 30th at 2:00 p.m.: Final round of judging where we crown the 2017 Grand Champions and announce our overall highest scoring Tribute Artist who then represents our Festival in Memphis, TN in August.
- Ultimate Finale, Sunday, July 30th at 8:00 p.m.: A special finale performance that focuses on the “last” memorable concerts, movies and appearances of what proved to be an unforgettable musical journey with the world’s most unforgettable musical icon in history, featuring Memphis Ultimates and our new 2017 Grand Champions.
“In honour of Elvis’ incredible legacy, still strong even 40 years after he left us, we welcome nine Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Champions who each bring their own uniquely memorable tribute in respect and admiration of the world’s greatest entertainer. Through their talent, fans around the globe can continue to experience the very best of Elvis,” commented Rosemarie O’Brien, Festivals Coordinator, Town of Collingwood.
About the Collingwood Elvis Festival
Over its 22-year history the Collingwood Elvis Festival has attracted thousands of visitors from all over the world. In the past seven years the estimated attendance has averaged 25,000+ visitors per year. The festival is a celebration of the life and times of Elvis Presley and his influence on various musical genres, the popular culture of his time, and an entire era of fans who have carried lasting memories of his impact on the world.
Go to www.collingwoodelvisfestival.ca to view the latest updates on the 2017 Collingwood Elvis Festival.
The Collingwood Elvis Festival is sponsored by OLG, Cranberry Golf Resort, Living Water Resort & Spa, Blue Mountain Resort and the Westin Trillium House.