The Town of Wasaga Beach will be honouring the contributions of its citizens on Saturday,
May 13, 2017 at the Wasaga’s Finest Citizens Awards celebration. Awards will include:
Sports Achievements Certificates, Volunteer and Athlete of the Year, Historical Significance
and Historical Appreciation Awards and the Order of Wasaga Beach.
To be eligible for these distinctions, nominees should possess the following attributes:
– Sports Achievement Certificates for individuals and teams for any achievement in
– Volunteer Awards for dedicated & outstanding volunteers, someone who goes above
and beyond, does an outstanding job organizing and inspiring others, events
programs or fundraising;
– Athlete of the Year should be participating at a provincial level or higher to qualify,
age is not a factor;
– Historical Significance Award to recognize cultural icons (including residential
properties, local artifacts, landmarks, building structures, businesses, or locations
that have a historical association and reveal aspects of local history);
– Historical Appreciation Award to recognize individuals and/or organizations that have
played a significant role in the promotion or conservation of the history of Wasaga
– Order of Wasaga Beach nominees should be those persons who enrich community
life by contributing significantly to the improvement of arts, social, cultural &
recreational conditions, by way of volunteering.
The Nomination deadline has been extended for Sports Achievement, Volunteers and
the Order of Wasaga Beach. Nominations will be received until Friday, April 28th, 2017.
Historical award nominations have closed.
Those making nominations should complete the appropriate nomination form, found at
www.wasagabeach.com or contact:
– Sports, Volunteer & Athletes: Josh Pallas, Recreation Coordinator by email at
email@example.com or by phone at 705.429.3321 x 21,
– Order of Wasaga Beach: Angela Webster, Special Events Coordinator by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 705.429.3844 x 2287.