(TAY TOWNSHIP) – On Saturday April 1, 2017 at approximately 1:38 a.m. an officer from the Southern Georgian Bay Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) attempted to stop a vehicle for a traffic violation on Talbot Street, Tay Township, ON. The motor vehicle then took off at a high rate of speed westbound on Highway 12 then onto Old Fort Road where it was observed pulling into a driveway.
As a result of further investigation by police, the male driver, Glen MCDERMOTT (age 48) of Tay Township, Ontario was arrested and has been charged with:
- Driving While D isqualified contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Unlawfully in a Dwelling House contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Driving While Under Suspension contrary to the Highway Traffic Act 2 counts
- Drive Without Proper Headlights contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice on May 18, 2017 in Midland, Ontario.