(TOWN OF NEW TECUMSETH)- On March 29, 2017, at approximately 1:30 PM, the Nottawasaga Detachment Street Crime Unit, assisted by the OPP Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) , executed a CDSA Search warrant at an address in the Town of Alliston (New Tecumseth).
As a result of the search, Tanner STEWART, age 21, of Alliston, Ontario, has been charged with several charges under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
Seized was 9 ounces of Cocaine, 175 Percocets, 3 bottles of liquid Codeine, 1 gram of Crystal Methamphetamine, 1 ounce of Cannabis Marihuana, as well as multiple packs of Cannabis Resin ( also known as Shatter). Street value of the drugs seized is valued at approximately $30,000.00. Other it ems seized incidental to the search was $900.00 cash, several cellular phones, as well as scales and packaging materials.
STEWART, who was currently on bail for previous Trafficking charges, now faces the following charges.
- 2 counts of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking, Sec 5 (2) CDSA (Cocaine and Percocets.)
- 3 counts of Possession, Sec. 4 (1) CDSA, (Codeine, Marihuana, Crystal Methamphetamine)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime, Sec. 354 (1)(a) CCC, (Cash)
- Fail to Comply – Recognizance. Sec 145 (3) CCC.
- The accused is in custody awaiting a bail hearing.