Carl Michener and Rebecca Ferguson from the Blue Mountain Watershed Trust joined us to talk about a great event!
See the Salmon Run
* Free event open to the public
* Walk a forested creek trail
* Conservation experts on hand
* Musicians and artists
* Gourmet lunch & Collingwood brews
* kids eat free
The location for the event is 10-3 at 589903 Grey Road 19. That’s on Grey 19, the one that climbs up the mountain east of Sixth Street, west off Osler Bluff Road on the north side.
* This is part of a year-long Blue Mountain Watershed Trust program called the Silver Creek Stewardship Initiative.
* Initiative is largely funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation,
* as well as a generous donation from the Kolapore Springs Fishery, who will be supplying the pond-raised rainbow trout for lunch at the event.
* protect & raise awareness around the need to preserve Sliver Creek, an A-list cold water trout stream…
* engage landowners
* protect the creek from future development, which is an issue
* raise public awareness, which is what this event is all about.