The Collingwood Fire crew was at the scene for a structure fire this morning (September 7th) on Evergreen Road near Mountain Road. Collingwood Fire Chief, Trent Elyea, reports that the house was hit by lightning and that power was shut down in the area as a result of the heavy rain and lightning.
Fire crews report damage to the electrical, plumbing, and gas lines in the home, as well as water and fire damage in the basement. Elyea says, “[the] messessage here is to have battery backup smoke alarms, no power, no protection. You just never know, be prepared.”