Clearview Business Getting The Bill For Dumpster Fire
/ (CKCB FM) The Peak
August 10, 2016 06:40 am
Watch out! If you careless throw away a cigarette and cause a fire, you could be footed with the bill.
That’s exactly what happened to a Nottawa business. An employee threw away a cigarette into a dumpster causing black smoke to billow out.
A passer-by noticed and called the fire department. They showed up with two trucks to extinguish the fire, and are now billing the business for $900. That is to cover the cost of the tucks, as well as carelessly discarding smoking material — especially since there is a fire ban active for the area.