I am really impressed with a young lady named Kilee Brookbank.
Let me tell you her story. She 16 years old, from Ohio, and it was about two years ago that she almost died in a house fire.
It was back in 2014 that she got home from school and when she went in the house, she noticed a disgusting smell – like sewage. She lit a candle with the plan that it would get rid of the smell.
The problem was that the bad smell was actually a gas leak. That caused an explosion and Kilee ended up suffering from burns on 45% of her body.
She spent around 40 days in the hospital with numerous skin-graft surgeries being performed.
Now comes the news that she has bounced back and earlier this month, Kilee was named Prom Queen at her school.
The impressive thing? She refused to hide her scars instead going for a prom dress that she liked.
Here’s that dress:
Kilee didn’t stop there.
She’s also written a book.
It’s called “Beautiful Scars”
Here she is talking about it..