If you’re a dog owner, you already know that chocolate is a big no-no for your pet.
But now, veterinarians are sounding the alarm bells about something else that may have fatal results for your pooch.
Xylitol is a chemical that’s found in many different things including gum, some chocolates, peanut butter and even toothpaste.
That chemical, although fine for humans, can cause a dog’s pancreas to put out a lot of insulin – that can cause your pet’s blood sugar to sink rapidly – leading to death.
Xylitol is now in the top 10 dog poisons that the Pet Poison helpline gets calls about.
Experts say that if you think your dog has ingested Xylitol, get them to a vet right away.